Online applications are open until 30 October 2015 for 1st semester and year programmes.
Applicants who wish to apply after this date or for the 2nd semester intake need
to follow the manual application process, after they have viewed the
closing date and the list of programmes that are already full.
Note that applicants wishing to apply for Masters and Doctoral degrees in the current year must also follow the manual application process after consultation with the faculty they wish to study in.
Step 1 Information:
Please read through the sections and applicable subsection below. The percentage (%) on the right hand side need to be on 100% before you will be able to proceed to Step 2.
If you started with your online application and have not yet completed the process
or done a final submission, kindly login
to continue with the process/do the final submission.
Have you completed an application form (hard copy) and sent it to Nelson Mandela
Metropolitan University? If yes, view your status. If no, proceed to continue with your application.
What you will need:
- Your latest school results – Example: Grade 11 final or grade 12 June or September or final school leaving results – No Grade 12 March results. (This is applicable to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 and will be writing or have written the National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations).
- A valid SA ID number or passport number
- To know what your postal code is
- Access to an e–mail address
- Access to a scanner and/or
- Access to a fax machine and/or
- Access to a printer (if you are currently at school or studying at a tertiary institution
or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment.)
Move the mouse over the help icon if you are not sure what is required in a specific field.
Ensure that all information is correct before submission as you will not be able
to change any information after the final submission. Refer to the guidelines on
the process to follow should you wish to submit changes.
Application forms will only be processed once all the documents and the application
fee have been submitted.
- Proof of payment of your application fee (International applicants only)
- Certified copy of your ID document (ID document compulsory for SA citizens – your application cannot be processed without a certified copy of your ID. If you are still waiting for your ID, submit a certified copy of your birth certificate).
- Certified copy of ID of parent / legal guardian / surety (required if you are a dependant, or currently at school or have left school recently and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university).
- Certified copy of your latest school results e.g. Grade 11 final or Grade 12 June or September results or your final school leaving results – No Grade 12 March results.
- Official declaration form signed by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent or currently at school or studying at a tertiary institution or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- Academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct from previous institution(s) (if applicable)
- Diploma/Degree certificate(s) (if applicable)
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Certified copy of passport (for international students) / proof of permanent residency (SA ID)
- Proof of your current residential / home or postal address if applying for on-campus accommodation.
- Completed disability assessments form (if applicable).
- BTech application form (if applicable).
- Postgraduate application form if you apply for postgraduate studies.
Application fees (all qualifications) for academic admission: 2016 January intake
NB: South African applicants applying online are exempted from paying the application fee.
International student application fee: R500
You may remit your application fee by telegraphic transfer or bank draft. The bank details are as follows:
||Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
|Bank Swift code:
||1 Pickering Street, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, South Africa NMMU ref. no.: 5350 4605
||Please state your student name on deposit slip
Please do not send cash in the post.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university.
Before completing the application form and paying the application fee, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for the qualification that you are applying for (Website: www.nmmu.ac.za/application) or refer to the relevant course guide.
Postgraduate qualifications involve more advanced study in the area of your first
(undergraduate) degree. They include honours and master’s degrees, postgraduate/advanced
certificates and diplomas, and doctorates (PhDs) or post doctorates.